Monday, April 12, 2010

Common sense has no ontological commitment to any divinity

From Tusar N. Mohapatra tusarnmohapatra@gmail.com to August Timmermans augusttimmermans@yahoo.com date 12 April 2010 21:12 subject Re: conflict madness
Dear AT,

Thanks for your appreciative words, but I am a bit puzzled whether to take your phrase “open-minded” as a compliment. For, in the past I have maintained that I am a fundamentalist engaged in the propaganda of religion and politics. Being “open-minded,” I am aware, is politically correct, but that runs contrary to my present profession and devotion.

Your other expression, “complex diversity,” similarly, is a darling of the Leftists. If pursued in the real world, you end up with nothing but skepticism, cynicism, and nihilism.

S wrote, “I believe that common sense, a good sense of discernment and a sincere an unbiased approach, among other things, will help to rest one's doubts and suspicions.” This is also an enticing proposition, but a secularist trap too. Because “common sense” has no ontological commitment to any divinity, while I am burdened with one (rather, two-in one). [TNM]

No comments:

Post a Comment